Wednesday, March 20, 2013

21 Materialians

21 different kind of people from different places and background get to sit down and study in a room. It be said that this is awesome and exciting. You get to know different cultures all around this Boleh-land and share experiences around you. Though you can gain knowledge and things that you would have never come to, there're also problems encountered. To squeeze 21 people in a gang to live together for 4 years, it's quite impossible. There're several things that frustrate me over this 1.5 years, still there are 2.5 years ahead of me.

1) Selfishness
No harm to get the best for yourselves, take the best and keep it as secret. But, remember, we live in a group, you need us, maybe not now, but surely in the future.

2) Irresponsibility
Being responsible as committee members in any society doesn't mean that you're a responsible person. Responsibility is shown to the society, family, friends, studies and yourself. What is the point if you're just responsible to a small portion of people and things?

3) Taking things for granted
Bear in mind that I'm not the one who should lend you my hands when you need it and just leave me there when you don't need me. I have my own life too. I don't carry the responsibility to do anything for you except those I am appointed to. Show some appreciation to people that help you, even they didn't really ask for. Poor is not an excuse.

4) Turning down invitations with ridiculous reasons
If you're really poor, please stop wasting money on unnecessary and non-benefit activities. Save the money for the sake of poor-ness. Whenever being rejected with these unacceptable reasons, people tend to ignore you. Don't blame others.

Although these might be small things happen around, yet I find that it is essential to correct them. Of course, I do have some weakness. I don't expect everyone would treat me good. Please, give me some strength to continue living in this small society.

No comments:

Post a Comment